With a growing desire to use data to enhance the performance & enjoyment of our sport, Sail-Sense is a revolutionary new sensor which helps you be smarter about your sail management.
Attaches permanently to the sail, measuring key performance data such as Hours of Use, UV, G-Force and Flogging (movement).
Creating a ‘passport’ for your sails, identifying make, model, construction date, dimensions and materials. Sail-Sense also allows a sail to be tracked, traced and located and a full history viewed in real time.
Sail-Sense links via Bluetooth with an App installed on a mobile, tablet, or PC to deliver powerful analytical and performance data. Each Sail-Sense identification code allows multiple sails to be managed through a single device and multiple users can manage a sail’s lifetime history.
Sewn to the sail either on construction or as an aftermarket purchase, Sail-Sense will wake up on movement, immediately logging hours of use, UV Exposure, G-Force and Flogging.
Sail-Sense users will be able to log, record, review and export all of the data recorded by the Sail-Sense sensor attached to a sail. The Sail-Sense App will provide the interface between Sensor and Users, displaying in a simple clear format.
• App (iOS and Android) Sail-Sense users able to log, record and review and export all of the data recorded
• Sewn attachment to the sail
• Fitted during sail manufacture or added as an aftermarket accessory
• 7.5 years battery hours depending on use
• Fibre analysis of UV and motion undertaken by Southampton University
• Deliver usage-based warranty and service agreements
• Accurately record sail condition and monitor degradation
• Optimise and streamline inventory management
• Valuable training aid for crews and yacht operators
With a growing desire to use data to enhance the performance and enjoyment of our sport, Sail-Sense is a revolutionary new sensor which helps you be smarter about your sail management.
Small and lightweight, Sail-Sense attaches permanently to the sail, measuring key performance data such as UV, hours of use, G-Force and Flogging (movement).